King Coya – E-Chango (Official Video)
“E-Chango”, is a kind of funk-carnavalito, that tells the story of a character who migrates from the northwest of Argentina to Buenos Aires in search of a new life, while a teenage Youtuber’s melodic sampling describes local idioms with her distinctive slang and accent. “I was looking for videos about the Jujuy accent and this girl showed up. I knew straight away she had to be part of a song, the musicality was already there,” says Gaby Kerpel about this track that makes us reflect on folklore music and identity in the internet age.
“E-Chango” is the second single from ‘Tierra de King Coya’, the artist’s long awaited second album.
Director & animation: Anabel Uyana aka Mofractal
Camera & assistance: Rodrigo Noya
Make-up: Joy Blanco
Guest voice: Sosso Aguilera ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7K3p… )
ZZK Records zzkrecords.com/
Trending this week
Monthly popular picks
- Hermosa Música ▪ Folktronica ▪ Orgánica ▪ Tribu Ancestral |Mix| Rialians On Earth ▪ Cafe De Anatolia
- Camel | Black Coffee ▪ Pablo Fierro ▪ Themba ▪ Rialians On Earth ▪ HVMZA ▪ Fragile (2022 DJ Mix)
- Cafe De Anatolia – Ethno House (Mix by Billy Esteban)
- Balint Boldizsar – Chaos & Order (Okuma Remix) [Camel]
- i.am.Nãda ft. Dominique Zuniga & Hernán Suárez live at Tulum, Mexico for Cafe De Anatolia