Colombian Music PowerHouses Vol. 2 by Galletas Calientes Records
From the Afro-Indigenous rhythms of Bullerengue and Cumbia, to Currulao and Bunde on the Pacific Coast, Calypso on the Caribbean islands, Bambuco and Joropo in the plains, to countless “modern” versions of all these traditional folk music styles, Colombia is becoming recognized as one of the most diverse musical countries in the world.
The “Colombian Music PowerHouses” project is a humble attempt to show the immense diversity of our country’s music and culture to a wider public. For this purpose we’ve gathered together as independent music labels; a joint collaboration between seven key Colombian “PowerHouses” to bring you a non-exclusive selection of today’s Colombian music. We know there are other labels and artists out there who deserve just as much attention and visibility as the ones who were brought together in this compilation, but we hope these picks will arouse your curiosity and inspire you to dig deeper into the fascinating world of Colombian music.
The “Colombian Music PowerHouses” are:
Mambo Negro Records
Galletas Calientes Records
released September 9, 2019
Trending this week
Monthly popular picks
- Hermosa Música ▪ Folktronica ▪ Orgánica ▪ Tribu Ancestral |Mix| Rialians On Earth ▪ Cafe De Anatolia
- Camel | Black Coffee ▪ Pablo Fierro ▪ Themba ▪ Rialians On Earth ▪ HVMZA ▪ Fragile (2022 DJ Mix)
- Cafe De Anatolia – Ethno House (Mix by Billy Esteban)
- Balint Boldizsar – Chaos & Order (Okuma Remix) [Camel]
- i.am.Nãda ft. Dominique Zuniga & Hernán Suárez live at Tulum, Mexico for Cafe De Anatolia