Ostriconi by Yeahman
“Ostriconi” is the first full length album from French multi-instrumentalist Jean Dasso, better known as Yeahman, and its release at the start of 2021 on New York based Wonderwheel Recordings is guaranteed to kick the new year off with dreamlike finesse.
The album is named for the Ostriconi valley in Corsica, France – and across it’s 9 mellifluous tracks, listeners are transported to the lush and picturesque banks of the valley’s eponymous river. The at times surreal beauty and tranquility of the region is sonically recreated by Yeahman and his collaborators on “Ostriconi”, who lead us on a melancholic journey down from the mystical mountains to the vibrant sea, giving us a sense of a diverse and unfurling world at our feet.
The recording and production of the album were the product of Dasso’s singular artistic vision, and give musical form to artistic alliances he built between Toulouse, Dakar, Napoli and Marseille. Yeahman shares his first opus as an invitation of sorts for us to reunite in a sleepy world, one where we all yet long for the flames of dancing to reignite. “Ostriconi” bids everyone to dream of an uplifting future, and arouses that sleeping hope for such that lives in us all.
The languidly beautiful “Deelalhli” grounds the start… more
released January 29, 2021
Trending this week
Monthly popular picks
- Hermosa Música ▪ Folktronica ▪ Orgánica ▪ Tribu Ancestral |Mix| Rialians On Earth ▪ Cafe De Anatolia
- Cafe De Anatolia – Ethno House (Mix by Billy Esteban)
- Cafe De Anatolia – Oriental Trip, Vol. 5 (Compiled by DJ Brahms)
- i.am.Nãda ft. Dominique Zuniga & Hernán Suárez live at Tulum, Mexico for Cafe De Anatolia
- Camel | Black Coffee ▪ Pablo Fierro ▪ Themba ▪ Rialians On Earth ▪ HVMZA ▪ Fragile (2022 DJ Mix)