Kafundó Apresenta Samba de Coco Raízes de Arcoverde REMIXED by Samba de Coco Raízes de Arcoverde
Hailing from Arcoverde, in the semi-arid desert interior of Pernambuco, Samba de Coco Raízes de Arcoverde was formed in 1992 by Lula Calixto and the Lopes sisters. Elaborating on a unique form of regional northeastern Afro-Brazilian culture, their recent album on Kafundó Records, produced by Maga Bo, pulled them outside of their comfort zone to bring in new instruments, arrangements and sounds. The first time alfaias, caixas, timbaus, electronic dub FX and heavy sub bass have been included in their sound!
Kafundó Records endeavored to take their sound even further by calling in a cadre of heavy weight Brazilian DJs to remix the album. They went the distance, deftly and naturally situating the original rhythms, melodies, instruments and voices within the cutting edge world of modern electronic bass music – from the psychedelic, evolving arrangements of Psilosamples and Carrot Green to the digi-dancehall ragga cuts of Chico Correa to the moombahton oscillations of Lucio K.
released November 6, 2018
Trending this week
Monthly popular picks
- Hermosa Música ▪ Folktronica ▪ Orgánica ▪ Tribu Ancestral |Mix| Rialians On Earth ▪ Cafe De Anatolia
- Camel | Black Coffee ▪ Pablo Fierro ▪ Themba ▪ Rialians On Earth ▪ HVMZA ▪ Fragile (2022 DJ Mix)
- Cafe De Anatolia – Ethno House (Mix by Billy Esteban)
- Balint Boldizsar – Chaos & Order (Okuma Remix) [Camel]
- i.am.Nãda ft. Dominique Zuniga & Hernán Suárez live at Tulum, Mexico for Cafe De Anatolia