Dark Matter by Digital Afrika
DIGITAL AFRIKA is pushing the frontiers of dance floor orientated Afro House. Their 2018 debut vinyl EP ‘Dark Matter’ is the productive powers of Future Roots and Si Fixion. Incorporating live instrumentation, MPC sequencers, African percussion and Digital/Analog production, Digital Afrika has met with critical acclaim from international taste makers; Nickodemus, Giles Peterson and Carl Cox.
The EP kicks off with “Babalú Ayé” which is a heavy house groove & jazzy synths with traditional Yoruban vocals in honor of Babalú-ayé (the Father of the Earth) who deals with infectious disease and healing. Inspired by Miriam Makeba’s song “Ungakanani,” “Mozambique” starts with South African vocalist Thando & gets the full percussive house treatment. Next up is “Dark Matter” which switches up the beats to a more UK broken beat & bass style, keeping it deep. Rounding off the EP, “Brazilian Blend” is reminiscent of the good old acid jazz days with a bossa beat, muted trumpet & lush keys.
released June 14, 2019
Trending this week
Monthly popular picks
- Hermosa Música ▪ Folktronica ▪ Orgánica ▪ Tribu Ancestral |Mix| Rialians On Earth ▪ Cafe De Anatolia
- Camel | Black Coffee ▪ Pablo Fierro ▪ Themba ▪ Rialians On Earth ▪ HVMZA ▪ Fragile (2022 DJ Mix)
- Cafe De Anatolia – Ethno House (Mix by Billy Esteban)
- Balint Boldizsar – Chaos & Order (Okuma Remix) [Camel]
- i.am.Nãda ft. Dominique Zuniga & Hernán Suárez live at Tulum, Mexico for Cafe De Anatolia