Damaia 2.0 by PEDRO
PEDRO is the Portuguese DJ and producer formerly known as KKing Kong. Born and raised in the Lisbon suburb of Damaia, tarraxo, kizomba and kuduro contributed largely to the soundtrack of his youth, and he has been celebrating this influence ever since he first started making beats in his bedroom in 2013, up until his most recent releases that solidify a unique and unmistakeable sound that places him at the forefront of Lisbon’s electronic revolution.
Strong syncopated beats and some of the most hypnotic and addictive melodies to ever come out of the Lisbon suburbs are the main elements of his highly personal vision of electronic dance music, which has already been translated in global dance floor anthems such as the recent ‘Damaia’ or ‘Drenas’ (which has reached 1 million plays on Spotify in only one month). These tracks are responsible for regularly igniting Lisbon dance floors, such as the celebrated Enchufada Hard Ass Sessions where he regularly DJs, or the De Surra club night he started alongside DJ Progressivu, but also international stages as he won the praise of artists such as Diplo, Sango, Baauer or DJ Snake, who regularly feature PEDRO’s productions on their DJ sets.
These anthems have now been compiled in ‘Damaia 2.0’, a collection of tracks from Lisbon’s most exciting young producer, as he renames himself to take his domination of the global club scene even further in 2018.
released January 1, 2018
Trending this week
Monthly popular picks
- Hermosa Música ▪ Folktronica ▪ Orgánica ▪ Tribu Ancestral |Mix| Rialians On Earth ▪ Cafe De Anatolia
- Camel | Black Coffee ▪ Pablo Fierro ▪ Themba ▪ Rialians On Earth ▪ HVMZA ▪ Fragile (2022 DJ Mix)
- Cafe De Anatolia – Ethno House (Mix by Billy Esteban)
- Balint Boldizsar – Chaos & Order (Okuma Remix) [Camel]
- i.am.Nãda ft. Dominique Zuniga & Hernán Suárez live at Tulum, Mexico for Cafe De Anatolia