Botanas: MaguPi by MaguPi
Márcio Pinto is a Portuguese musician with a degree in Classical Percussion who is also a member of several well known Portuguese bands.
Passionate about exotic and tribal rhythms, Márcio has travels extensively to Western Africa in search of knowledge about traditional percussion from the region and he has a special interest in the balophone.
Inspired by the balophone, universally known as the marimba, Márcio created MaguPi, an electroacoustic project inspired by African sounds and rhythms.
A Mandingue rhythm from the western coast of Africa reimagined by a classical percussionist. The voices convey human liberation through ancestral plants used by indigenous peoples.
In “O Ritual,” the voices, recorded by MaguPi, provide the initial theme upon which the rest of the song is based. Various cultures are united in this song: Arabic, Latin-American, African, and its conception arose in ritual form.
Follow MaguPi on Facebook: www.facebook.com/musicaduniverso/
Follow MaguPi on Soundcloud:
released August 30, 2019
Papa JuJu, Nataniel Melo, Gulami, Paulo das Cavernas, Peter Xoben, Ricardo Martins
Mixing: Ivan Pereira
Trending this week
Monthly popular picks
- Hermosa Música ▪ Folktronica ▪ Orgánica ▪ Tribu Ancestral |Mix| Rialians On Earth ▪ Cafe De Anatolia
- Camel | Black Coffee ▪ Pablo Fierro ▪ Themba ▪ Rialians On Earth ▪ HVMZA ▪ Fragile (2022 DJ Mix)
- Cafe De Anatolia – Ethno House (Mix by Billy Esteban)
- Balint Boldizsar – Chaos & Order (Okuma Remix) [Camel]
- i.am.Nãda ft. Dominique Zuniga & Hernán Suárez live at Tulum, Mexico for Cafe De Anatolia