Útera by KALEEMA
Útera is the exceptional and hypnotic sophomore studio album from Buenos Aires native Kaleema (aka Heidi Lewandowski). The album flirts between disparate styles, weaving together elements such as dub with andean flutes, or classic string melodies with ambient overtures that allow the listener to float freely in a sea of emotions. A departure from the gritty urban compositions and tribal vibes of her first album Nómada, this record reveals Kaleema’s emotional evolution. Útera is a product of her creative space, a high tech sanctuary wherein she has refined not only her sophisticated electronic production but also her characteristic and beguiling voice. Moving from forceful techno-like rhythms (such as on Rama Negra or Utera) that take us through deep dark jungles, into demure yet rapturous passages on tracks like Portales and Invoco, Útera is ultimately an album that taps into Heidi’s deep sense of connection to the natural world, and how her growth as an individual reflects the growth around her.
Kaleema is Heidi Lewandowski – a multi-instrumentalist, composer, producer, and singer from Buenos Aires who’s planted herself deeply in the potent Latin American electronic scene.
She released her debut album Nomada in 2017… more
released March 12, 2021
Written, composed, and produced by Heidi Lewandowski.
Additional writing by Ivana Mer on “Sen” (Track 9).
Trending this week
Monthly popular picks
- Hermosa Música ▪ Folktronica ▪ Orgánica ▪ Tribu Ancestral |Mix| Rialians On Earth ▪ Cafe De Anatolia
- Camel | Black Coffee ▪ Pablo Fierro ▪ Themba ▪ Rialians On Earth ▪ HVMZA ▪ Fragile (2022 DJ Mix)
- Cafe De Anatolia – Ethno House (Mix by Billy Esteban)
- Balint Boldizsar – Chaos & Order (Okuma Remix) [Camel]
- i.am.Nãda ft. Dominique Zuniga & Hernán Suárez live at Tulum, Mexico for Cafe De Anatolia